I just wanted to say, Thanks so much for your advice.
After a great conversation I recently had with William Parrish, Jr., I wanted to share some key events and “wins” I’ve implemented since we talked:
- Applied for and received my CPA license in South Carolina
- Applied for and been accepted into the PhD project (Chicago 11/16-11/18)
- Joined and attended the National Black MBA conference in Atlanta last week.
- Coordinated a quarterly roundtable for all AA Male CPAs in the Charlotte area.
- Re-claimed Fraternal Organization (financially) and making additional plans for the coming year.
- Coordinated a quarterly lunch for members who work on north side of Charlotte
- Still coaching my son’s T-ball team at the Y.
- Donated to my alma mater’s (general scholarship fund) and Science and Research Institute initiatives
Re-playing an important take-away: You referred to investing in attending the Black Enterprise Conference in Florida, and you mentioned that those who invest in attending are [clearly] serious because the financial investment separates the dreamers from the do-ers.
- My take-away from your story: Do-ers invest their time and money where it matters.
I have incorporated what you shared into the foundation of branding myself, and I am more focused on my brand and future than I’ve ever been before.
I hope you can tell I’m excited!
Vic W. ~ Charlotte, NC